Saturday, March 9, 2013

Dual Standard

It's been a while since I last post. But now nearing GE13 of Malaysia, I felt the need to pen down a few of my views. I know there's probably no one reading this blog anymore also.

As most Malaysian have long sensed, in Malaysia, there are 2 different sets of 'law enforcement'.
Recently, through FB and alot of other media, this is no longer something we 'sensed' but have been a fact. Just today, I saw a video of what happened in Penang regarding the 'God' name. (As I'm not of a certain faith, I believe now that word is 'forbidden' to be used. Lolz.)
Clearly an unruly crowd which are in the act of violence. Yet, the police is within the compound and just fold their hand. Nothing was done. No arrest no nothing.
Yet, looking back to Bersih rallies. Peaceful crowds which truly show the unity of Malaysian people which we were so proud of before. But, they are mrt with violence from the law side. Truly dumbfounded.

Then, another video also saw yesterday which happened in Melaka. Unruly crowd, holding a certain politician coalition's flag using the pole to vent their anger and hitting the police. No actions taken. Took one of the flag away and the rest remains. No arrest was done on the spot. Not sure if there will be also or not. I mean, attacking a police officer.... I thought that's a very serious crime?
Yet, again looking back at the girl which step on our PM's poster. Hunted down and arrested by the police with handcuffs. Condemn by the cabinet members.

And it goes on and on. The above only 2 of it which I saw yesterday. There are more of then.

I've chat and talked to a lot of Malaysians living abroad. Trust me, we all love Malaysia.
Then there are people which told us that we are out of touch from what is happening in our country. But let me tell you, there are things which we learn of happening which people living in Malaysia is not aware of. As we areaway from home, even minor details happening are very dear to us.

2 comments:

薇薇 said...

just wanna say i notice you blogged :P

White Water said...

hahaha....
thanks thanks...
at least not truly dead.