Saturday, May 23, 2009

Running

I had gotten hand on my iPod nano. Hehehe....
Love them. Just that I am not used to having to get iTunes to "synchronise" the songs and movies into this little baby. =D
Besides the iPod, we have also gotten our hand on the silicon casing and also the armband for iPod nano. Not that cheap though. T.T
I had taken them for 2 trial runs already. The 1st one, I just set the shuffle into shuffling ONLY one song throughout the whole run. Wasn't paying too much attention to the songs though cause was worried it will rain. Which in the end, it did rained. So, had to cut short of the run from the intended distance. Then it was just now (started my run around 11:30pm), had much better run. Although shorter distance (only around my area), which based on the timing, would mean around 2km. This time round, I had learned to set the whole playlist to be repeated which is quite nice. The night run is nice and cooling, not like how it was in the afternoon. There were also less people around. So, you don't need to avoid the people around you or the aunty/uncle which walks in the center of the path which makes you need to run into the main road in order to pass them. Besides, I had been hooked on for sometime with Macross Frontier's OST songs. I really love the voice of the singer. Especially so, after I saw the last episode of this anime. It is so touching and it just boost you up to continue on the run.
Now, I'm hoping I can mantain to at run once a day. Did not set on the minimum distance yet. But I think, a daily run around my area should be quite suffecient. Let's just hope I can maintain this. =D
Oh, on this running, end of this month, I will be joining the SunDown Marathon with AM and also CS. Had just gotten the Running Pack today. Maybe today I reach quite early (6+pm) at the Millennia Walk, there was only 7-8 people in front of me. I think I settle it within less than 10 minutes. Shocking compared with the Stand Chart and Nike Run previously.
It is really a big jump for me to go for a Full Marathon after only having taken part in 10km "competition". But, it had been done and there are no more turning back. On the bright side, even if it does takes me 7-8 hours to finish (I'm trying for below 6hrs), it will only be 7-8am in the morning. So, at least I do not need to run under the hot sun. =D
Wish me luck ya. =D

No comments: