Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Good or Bad? Yet to be decided!!

Something shocking happened to me in office yesterday. I was suddenly called by my old boss for a meeting with him and another colleague. Shocking cause, I had nothing much work related stuffs to discuss already. So, shockingly, he says that he suggested to big boss for me to be involved in one of the supposed to be established "team". I was shocked and had wanted to reject him for this already. I think he had already knew I would have rejected this and had prepared the "carrot" before hand. Before starting this new thing, there is a training which will need to be attended. Training Location : Switzerland.

How to reject? I had never even dream of venturing into Europe within these few years and suddenly I am given the opportunity to travel there. Besides, the supposed training was supposed to last for 8 days. Thus, meaning, should have a weekend there for me to explore around. The travel bug in me kept biting me to GO for it. But there was something which held me back.

So, I discussed this with my boss and she is really supportive. Basically, she ask me what I wanted and adviced me to get more info before deciding. In the end, the bug won. But, my position will still remain but with an extra role of being a supporting role for this new team. But, one thing someone told me:
"There is no such thing as assist. Assist is doing the job without recognition"

For now, don't care first. Swiss, here I come =D

No comments: