Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Run - TPY 26 May 09

Tuesday had been set in my company's calendar as a "Jogging Day" thanks to Freddy. He had initiated this run when we had to work for 4 days previously. For now, although only the minorities are joining, there are always around 4-5 ppl everytime. Not a bad turnout for a weekly event. We had decided that the venue will be at TPY stadium cause it is the closest to our office.

For yesterday's run, I think it is one of the best ones which I had did. Not in timing, but in distance. I could not have imagined I could complete a 20 round (19 run non-stop + 1 warm down aka walk). I think I actually still can go a few more rounds. (hehehe) Not sure if it is because of the events happening in office yesterday. It could be that I finally got hold of my own pace and are able to maintain it in the track. This is from a guy who previously could hardly complete a 2km run a few months back. Could be a psychological push on myself for the marathon this weekend. But I was really satisfied with my run. Although it took me 1hr to complete the 20laps which will make it similar with my previous 10km run events timing. But I am already satisfied with achieving this distance.

As for now, I will be resting for these 2 days (today included) and will probably go for a light run on Friday. Don't look down on my commitment for daily run for now. Cause I felt the sore and a little pain on my knee already. So, I think my body is telling me to rest a bit first.

No comments: