Saturday, May 30, 2009

Sundown Marathon

Tonight 11:59pm, I will be flagged off to start my first marathon. Thanks to everyone who wished me good luck and also advice me on this run. :)
Don't know how long I will take to finish this. My initial target was 6hrs to complete this. Now, I think I will try for a 5 1/2 hrs. Really hope I can achieve this one. The weather is not bad actually. Although it seems like it is going to rain soon. It is not too warm.
On the "Athletes Guide", there are 4 portions of the route:
1) String of Lights (22km) - should be a straight forward run of half the distance.
2) Heartland Twist (7km) - have 3 overhead bridges. Should be very challenging after the 22km
3) Waterfront Trail (6km) - should have nice view around the reservoir
4) Home Run (7km) - quote the document ".. runners will face a 300m uphill battle.."

I just think the organizers are a bit sadistic with this 300m uphill before reaching the finishing line. :p

Okla.... will relax a bit before preparing to reach there for the run. Hope I still have the energy to blog about this after finish the event. :)

No comments: