Sunday, July 25, 2010

Fly Me to Polaris - 星愿

This is an old movie from 1999. One of the movie which I love very much. The main cast are Richie Ren and Cecilia Cheung (as can be seen from the poster). The reason I'm writing about this is because I had just re-watched it for the "Nth" times tonight (now is 2:49am) and it still moves my heart.

The story is about a blind and mute guy passed away and had been given a second chance back to earth. Once coming back, he tried to re-assert his feeling for the caring nurse which had been his soulmate. However, he could not reveal that it is him who had been given a second chance.

The story is about how things would fall out of our grasp if we push too hard to obtain it. How things goes the opposite ways the more we try our best to obtain it. Till the end, when we approach it in another way.
When we finally could differentiate between caring vs possessing.

Last time, it is very rare for me to be too emotional in these type of movies. Maybe... maybe age is catching up with me already. Could be the ups and downs I had been through in my life which enable me to have a deeper understanding in what the movie is trying to bring forward. Watery eyes had been quite common when watching these type of movies. Haizzz..... really old liao......

4 comments:

黰真 said...

It is good that you finally admit you are old... Anyway, you are still older than I am....

White Water said...

u r not that far away from me.... the most is 3-4 months :D:D:D

Anonymous said...

nice old movie.:)

ws said...

Hi, I am a friend of http://weiweicorner.blogspot.com/ and coordinator of zaishangyanshang.wordpress.com.
I find that your blog is interesting. Is it possible for zsys to repost your articles?
FYI, zsys is reposting http://weiweicorner.blogspot.com/’s articles.
Tks.
ws
zaishangyanshang@gmail.com