Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Inception

Initially, before I watched this film, I thought this would be those action movies which depends on it's special effects to sell it. I believed it to be of one which have no depths (layers... hahaha), hit and run (awe) movies.
However, after watching it, I am still dumbfounded on how the director pull this off while not being long winded.
The cast performance..... hmmmm..... truthfully, nothing to shout about. Maybe worth mentioning is Ken Watanabe. I've seen this guy the most also in the Canon commercials. Never thought he is such a great actor as well.

Okay, now back to the movie, hmmmm.... really quite hard to write about it without this being a spoiler post.
Basically, these group of people can go into people's dream and try to extract/manipulate other people's mind. As mentioned, I thought this movie would be all about visual effects. But I am damn wrong. The visual effects just are compliments to the great story this movie shows.


This I believe is one of the best shows in this year.

PS: Spoiler... dun read anymore if you dun want to know
One thing I really want to mention is that there is a big vacuum on the reason behind the whole Saito character. 1stly, there was no explanation on the reason this character chose to go into the dream world. Maybe a lot will argue that this decision is to make sure the whole project was successful but, the risk he took to get into it is just too big compare to the reasoning. 2ndly, the calmness he portray inside the dream after in near death condition, does not goes well with the initial reason to start this project. Lastly, I just don't get how they got into Cobb's last layer.....

3 comments:

黰真 said...

Is this movie that good? Already plan on watch this movie, just not sure if it is $$ worthy...

White Water said...

u wont regret it....
go watch it.... nice

Anonymous said...

I like it too!
Some ppl doesn't like it.. say sleepy movie wo.. donno y
:D

cs